After a successful maiden season of PuyoGB League, it was only a matter of time before the UK’s Premier Online Puyo Competition was back for a second season, and we’re pleased to announce that the sign-up page for PuyoGB League Season 2 is now online!
Players that completed the inaugural PuyoGB League are automatically re-entered. All new players, including those who withdrew may sign up by clicking here!
The rubric for Season 2 is as follows:
- All matches will be handled in our Discord channel. Please join us first before entering the competition (click here to join).
- Instead of 10 minute matches, each PuyoGB League match will consist of 10 single-set games.
- Three points are awarded for a win, and one point to both players for a 5-5 draw.
- Players that win 7-3 or greater will be rewarded with a Bonus Point.
- For Promotion/Demotion matches, a ‘First To x‘ game format will be used.
- All matches will take place during UK time, therefore we strongly encourage UK players to join. Other players from different timezones please contact an Adjudicator prior to signing-up.
- The PC version of Puyo Puyo Tetris will be the main game used, thus priority will be exclusively with that version.
- The Switch version of PPT will be supported, as will the Switch version of Puyo Puyo eSports.
- Due to a low uptake, the PS4 version of PPT or PPe will no longer be supported (though the sign-up page will still ask if you own this game in case we reinstate it in future leagues).
- Players wishing to submit their own VOD rather than wait for an adjudicator are free to do so, but must not use any game modifications, including the use of chroma-key backgrounds in Puyo Puyo eSports. No VODs will be accepted for Promotion/Demotion matches.
- This League has three Divisions: Beginner, Intermediate and Pro.
Your entry into which PuyoGB League Division Table will be based on the following:
PPT League Rating
PPT League Rank
PGB League Division
Golden to GM Pro
Legend to Star
Virtuoso to Ace
0-4999 Amateur and below
Where applicable, the League Rank will be prioritised over the PPT League Rating.
- The League will start in March 2019, with sign-ups due to stop on January 13th 2019.
All matches, like before, will be governed by the PuyoGB Adjudication Panel.
We look forward to seeing you for our second season of the PuyoGB League!